What is the role of a Land Hermit Crab Owners Society (LHCOS) Local Representative?
A LHCOS Local Representative is someone who will be a resource for land hermit crab owners in their area and act on behalf of LHCOS to promote the four principles of C.A.R.E. :
Community & Conservation
Research & Rescue
Local Rep duties include:
- Treating others with respect and kindness when representing LHCOS/CSJ
- Provide proper care information to hermit crab owners using LHCOS care guidelines.
- Act as an ambassador of LHCOS with your local pet stores by offering to drop off care sheets, information about the adoption center and help improve store conditions
- Be an approved adopter
- Help with transport of adoptees (within reason and not mandatory)
- Be a resource to hermit crabbers in your area by giving suggestions for local stores you endorse or places to find supplies locally.
- Organize meet ups or shells swaps in your area if there is enough interest (not mandatory)
Apply to become a LHCOS Local Representative
We are now only reviewing and voting on new Local Representatives twice a year. We will review and vote on all pending applications in February and August of each year.
Who is my Local Representative?
Browse the map to find your LHCOS Local Rep.