What is the role of a Land Hermit Crab Owners Society (LHCOS) Local Representative?
A LHCOS Local Representative is someone who will be a resource for land hermit crab owners in their area and act on behalf of LHCOS and The Crab Street Journal (CSJ) to help promote the four principles of C.A.R.E. : Community, Awareness, Research and Education. Learn more about the LHCOS C. A.R.E. program here.
Local Rep duties include:
- Treating others with respect and kindness when representing LHCOS/CSJ
- Answering questions on the forum and social media regularly
- Answering emergency help forms
- Mentor Junior LRs to answer emergency help forms
- Act as an ambassador of LHCOS/CSJ with your local pet stores by offering to drop off caresheets, information about the adoption center and help improve store conditions
- Be an approved adopter
- Help with transport of adoptees (within reason and not mandatory)
- Be a resource to hermit crabbers in your area by giving suggestions for local stores you endorse or places to find supplies locally.
- Organize meet ups or shells swaps in your area if there is enough interest (not mandatory)
Who is my Local Representative?
Browse the map to find your LHCOS Local Rep.